It is currently 13 Nov 2018 19:26

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 02 May 2018 18:30 

I'm looking at creating a custom information kiosk.
I'm not too sure where to begin though.
the mikromedia HMI 7" UXB ? with the GLCD developers kit to make the dashboard???
It has to go outside, so my undersanding is that I'll need a weatherproof case with heating and cooling elements, so I'd need temperature/moisture sensors and controllers too I believe ..
also wifi for updates/remote accessing.

Is this type of thing possible with mikroelectronica?

Thank you for any guidance
John

PostPosted: 04 May 2018 16:13 
mikroElektronika team

Hi,

You can do this with one of our products, but please can you specify exactly what is your project so I can suggest something ?

Regards,
Filip.

PostPosted: 08 May 2018 15:06 

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
So here's my project:
Right now I really just want to put together a test model of my project to see how it would work. But the final project would be a outdoor touch screen monitor on a custom pedestal/base that I would build. The screen would show a custom dashboard that I would design that basically would just graphically show information. Something kind of similar to the example image. Except I'll have images on it that users can click and pop-up graphs and information write-ups will show. So I want that to display 24/7... or maybe it only displays when someone taps on the screen to save energy and pixel life. and if the power goes out I would want it to load back up to that same screen automatically. I would want to be able to remotely access the display and be able to remotely update the dashboard via either wifi or hard wire (not sure). But basically i want to show a graphical information dashboard that people can click on to get other information pop-ups.

I'm thinking 22" is ideal, but 15" might work. In the end it has to go outside though so I'm not 100% sure on durability/temperature control just yet.

Any help would be tremendous.
Thanks again, John

Attachments:
Excel+Dashboard+Example.png
Excel+Dashboard+Example.png [ 176.28 KiB | Viewed 1810 times ]