It is currently 15 Oct 2018 20:06

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2011 18:46 
Offline

Joined: 18 Jun 2008 11:43
Posts: 3764
Location: Nieuwpoort, Belgium
Hi, it would be nice if the following was implemented in the package manager

- the possibility to open packages for compilers not installed, and extract files from those packages. Needed for e.g. mB users that want to use mP libraries and vice versa. Of course "install package" should be disabled in these cases.

- the possibility (in addition to the above) to "open" files in the package manager with the standard executable according to the file extension. This permits looking in .zip files, viewing .txt, .mpas, .htm files etc... while in the package manager. Should not be so difficult to make.

Thanks in advance! Great work! :D :D :D

_________________
Kind regards, Dany.
There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2011 13:24 
Offline

Joined: 18 Feb 2006 13:17
Posts: 4978
Dany wrote:
- the possibility to open packages for compilers not installed, and extract files from those packages. Needed for e.g. mB users that want to use mP libraries and vice versa. Of course "install package" should be disabled in these cases.
I'm not sure blocking package installation is necessary. Actually, possibility to install packages to compilers other than the one the package was prepared for could save library designer some work. Assuming all needed mcl files are present in package, there's no difference in their operation in mB and mP (some mP/mB libs may even work in mC).

Presently one always has to prepare separate packages for separate compilers, even for libs that contain only mcl files :( .

A warning that package was prepared for uninstalled compiler should be enough - next step could be an option to install the package in any compiler present, or simply to unpack it to indicated directory.

_________________
Replacement libraries for mP PRO and PIC18 processors, mP PRO tips & trics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2011 13:29 
Offline

Joined: 18 Jun 2008 11:43
Posts: 3764
Location: Nieuwpoort, Belgium
janni wrote:
Dany wrote:
- the possibility to open packages for compilers not installed, and extract files from those packages. Needed for e.g. mB users that want to use mP libraries and vice versa. Of course "install package" should be disabled in these cases.
I'm not sure blocking package installation is necessary. Actually, possibility to install packages to compilers other than the one the package was prepared for could save library designer some work. Assuming all needed mcl files are present in package, there's no difference in their operation in mB and mP (some mP/mB libs may even work in mC).
Indeed, I fully agree.

janni wrote:
Presently one always has to prepare separate packages for separate compilers, even for libs that contain only mcl files :( .
A warning that package was prepared for uninstalled compiler should be enough - next step could be an option to install the package in any compiler present, or simply to unpack it to indicated directory.
Indeed. That would provide maximum flexibility.

_________________
Kind regards, Dany.
There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2011 11:17 
Offline
mikroElektronika team
User avatar

Joined: 03 Aug 2004 12:59
Posts: 6608
Ok, added to the wish list.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2011 11:37 
Offline

Joined: 18 Jun 2008 11:43
Posts: 3764
Location: Nieuwpoort, Belgium
Move to beta test forum

_________________
Kind regards, Dany.
There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: