It is currently 20 Aug 2017 07:16

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2017 10:23 

Hi,

newest versions of compiler and VTFT makes incompatible .mcpar files.
.mcpar file created by VTFT looks like:
[Useses]
Count=17
File0=FT810_Defs_STM32
File16=FAT32_STM32_M0

When I run MikroC and build project .mcpar is modified like this:
[Useses]
File0=FT810_Defs_STM32
File16=FAT32_STM32_M0
Count=17

And that makes VTFT crash each time I try to generate new code.

It wasn't easy to find what's wrong...
How to fix this (without hand-modifying .mcpar on each build)?

Toni

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2017 10:40 
mikroElektronika team

Hi,

what compiler are you using?

Regards,

Danilo

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2017 14:07 

Hi,

I'm using:
MikroC PRO for ARM v.5.1.0.
and
Visual TFT v.4.6.1.

Toni

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2017 22:33 

Hello,

I wanted to ask same question when I saw this thread but this was too late for help. After two sleepless nights I came with same conclusion as MToni and only solution is to manually edit .mcpar after each compiling.

VTFT error dialog is "'String' is not valid integer!" without any other clue why this error came up. After comparing files I found same problem and solution after many hours of searching.

About a year ago I used to check case sensitive option in MikroC for some of my case sensitive libraries but every time after code generate in VTFT I must manually edit "_Res_" from VTFT generated code to "_RES_" witch is correct for FT800 library functions, for example: FT800_RES_LoadBitmapAddr, FT800_RES_LoadFontAddr, FT800_RES_BeginLoad and other functions where "_Res_" is wrong.

Please resolve this problem too, because now when "Case sensitive" is mandatory for FreeRTOS we can't turn it off as I did a year ago and edited my library to be case insensitive.

Another problem in VTFT is when you group some objects and move them "to front" or send them "to back" in VTFT that looks as expected but generated code and that what you saw on TFT it isn't, some of grouped objects disappears... Can't explain details as I didn't used grouping option when found this problem long time ago but if you try you will see what I'm talking about.

If you can please add "Forward One" and "Back One" besides "To back" and "To front".

To avoid same question about VTFT and MikroC let me tell you that I'm using latest versions of VTFT and MikroC Pro for ARM, too.

I hope that we will not wait weeks to see this resolved.

Thanks

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2017 14:26 
mikroElektronika team

Hi,

can you please send me an e-mail to danilo.milovic@mikroe.com

Regards,

Danilo

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2017 06:15 

I believe I am also experiencing the same issue since upgrading my compiler. Are any solutions available?

Also using MikroC PRO for ARM v.5.1.0 and Visual TFT v.4.6.1

Thanks,
Chris.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2017 13:24 

Hello

I have the same problem I think.The bug is know and the fix is with the next update......

I help me look the video https://www.magentacloud.de/lnk/31sA5Jor

Regards wolfgang

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2017 15:01 

Hello

Any news for to fix the Problems?

Regards wolfgang

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2017 10:18 

Hi,

I just wanted to apologize for the inconveniences that this might caused for some of you. For the general information about the new compiler release date, you can refer to the roadmap on this link:

https://learn.mikroe.com/arm-compilers-roadmap/

As soon as there is a new part of the project finished, it will be published there. For now we still do not have ETA, but when the developers enter the final stage of the development, they will also publish the release date. You can see that one of the first things which were finished was the new VTFT integration into the compiler...

Once again - thanks for the patience and best regards...

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2017 10:57 

hello

I can not specify "Release date: TBD".Is these longer as soon as posible?
I must not have a includet version ;but a VTFT with ok funktion!

ps.
For my projekt I have become a storno! ;so I los nearle 20000€ !

have a good time wolfgang

Attachments:
projekt with big error.GIF
projekt with big error.GIF [ 81.38 KiB | Viewed 71 times ]

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2017 11:41 

I am sorry but although there was an error indeed in the compiler, you could easily overcome it. I am very sorry that you feel the way you do, but until the new release is published, you will simply have to cope with the issues and find solutions on your own. As much we would like to release the software tomorrow or even later today, it would just make you temporarily satisfied - programming takes time, and like it or not - it's just the way it is. Once more I am asking you for a patience - I can't do anything to make our developers work faster.

Also if you are working on a critical project, I think that you should consider how important for you is to actually finish that project. Making an invisible button would make you able to move on with the project, if the only problem was reporting the free space.

Regards

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2017 11:57 

Hello

What means "TBD" http://praxistipps.chip.de/abkuerzung-t ... t-es_48914 ????

I dont understand "Making an invisible button would make you able to move on with the project, if the only problem was reporting the free space."
The compiler and VTFT says OK,but code is running incorekt on real hardware....

wolfgang

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2017 12:32 

Hi

TBD means "To Be Decided", it's an abbreviation. The new version needs to support many other things besides VTFT, so we can't simply publish data we do not have yet.

When I said 'invisible buttons' I meant to use it as a workaround for the free space issue you had - leave it in the project and it would report the less amount of the space taken.

Also when working with the VTFT, there are couple of key points that you need to cover :
1) you have to declare the length of all your variables + 1 (null character) else the variables might get overwritten - since 0 length is as the default value
2) VTFT is a tool that generates the code - although it automates the project, the programmer is still in charge and you have to make sure that the pointers remain where they are supposed to be
very often code breaks because of pointers which are heavily used in VTFT, wonder off and overrun the code area. So, as you know, working with the pointers requires extra careful coding. That's why it's important to pay extra attention to step 1.

Keeping these things in mind can make you understand what VTFT does and also how to avoid errors. Although it has few quirks, I have no trouble generating working code on it. I agree it could be improved and it will be, but until then - try looking back for a moment, try download examples again and take a look how they work their way around issues you might have.

Regards

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2017 12:53 

He

Ok, I'm guilty and a bloody programmer

regards