It is currently 22 Nov 2017 16:35

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2017 23:19 

I have mikroProg and a Clicker2 for FT90x. In a recent project, I have ran into the code limit of the code limited version of mikroC and am not in a position to afford $300 for a license. I am trying the toolchain provided by FTDI. With the toolchain from FTDI, I have complied a simple "hello world" project and downloaded the BIN to the clicker2 with the mikroProg. But, it does not run.

Does anyone know of an Eclipse setup I may be missing or is the output from Eclipse just not going to work with mikroProg?

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2017 00:10 

**crickets** **crickets**

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2017 09:16 
mikroElektronika team

Hi,

I have never used Eclipse with the FT90x MCUs, so I am unable to help you with this, maybe some of our users could help you.
Regards,
Filip.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2017 21:10 

I feel your pain.

I'm assuming you worked around this, but just in case, and for future g00glers, I have found a solution--actually, two.

You can use Eclipse and the standard toolchain with the mikroprog for FT90x programmer, just takes a little tweaking.

Get the full story and solution at https://flyingcarsandstuff.com/2017/10/get-ft90x-toolchain-working-with-mikroprog-for-ft90x/.

Cheers,
PatD

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2017 15:55 

psychogenic,

Thanks for the reply. Just got some time to look into it further and saw your reply. I used a Renesas MCU for that project instead. I have a co-worker that exclusively uses Renesas. So, I was able to borrow a programmer and demo board for the Renesas from him. Though, I like the peripherals and prefer the interrupt scheme on the FT90x. I would like to use it in future projects. I will give your link a look.

Thanks,
Derek