It is currently 20 Apr 2018 02:00

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 03 May 2017 13:47 

I am experiencing strange unknown problem using pic5 dew board, pic 16f684 mcu and latest mikroe pic compiler. I removed all software and drivers and made a clean install but problem persist.

I tried just a simple led program (ansel and porta register are all correctly assigned) and when I use:
porta.0:=1;
porta.1:=1;
only RA0 led will shine and if I use:
porta.1:=1;
porta.2:=1;
only RA2 will shine

when I use
porta:=%00000011;
or
porta:=%00000101;

everything works ok.

PostPosted: 03 May 2017 22:35 

It's not the compiler that's to blame - the effects you're observing are due to the way single bits of a port are modified in a PIC processor. You'll find an explanation of these effects in the 'Read Modify Write Problem' chapter in compiler Help.

PostPosted: 04 May 2017 12:15 

Thank you for finding the explanation and solution to that problem.

So why do then compiler even have this option of writing single bit to port pins if controler than writes the whole port and user get such a strange behavior?

PostPosted: 04 May 2017 13:05 

Quote:
So why do then compiler even have this option of writing single bit to port pins if controler than writes the whole port and user get such a strange behavior?

Because this problem doesn't always occur, depending on uC speed and pin load. :wink:

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2017 17:58 

I think because mcu is pin can work such as anlog ,digital, pwm ,etc must config at main program to correct for mcu number it have happen to me but after config main program correct form datasheet microchip every thing clear and you can understand it sir. some time speed cpu high and after delay it ok sush as analog input i used to hi-tech after simulator by proteus say wait time adc not clear and after play by change program and study datasheet microchip every thing clear sir.